Tuesday 20 May 2014

Review:-Mughli

Having given them a day to get back to me after my email all I can do is post my email they clearly have no idea of customer service...

I hope never to encounter a review as bad as this one sadly the bad points way out weigh the good. I stand by my initial tweet if you want good Indian here is not the place....! People raving about this people have no concept of good food and are nothing more than sheep. My email which as stands is my review..

To Whom it may concern

Firstly I admire the damage limitation after the night shame it was barely addressed on the night...

I really don't know where to start there was a catalogue of errors.

1)2 of the chutneys were little more than components mixed with cheap ketchup(Red Onions, Chili imli a quick look suggests I should of encountered some kind of tamarind chutney, red onion chutney would imply paste not ketchup(But I can forgive this as this the standard British fare)).
2)The indian salad was tired

So already not looking good...

3)The greasy onion bhajias come out first, with a bit of a delay waiting for the Samosa Chaat one of the 2 staff hovering uncomfortably right next to our table says you can start Mmmm! yeah I know but we're waiting for the other one.
4)I straight away notice the chickpeas on the chaat are souring/off
5)The yoghurt dip accompanying the Bhajia clearly was also off had the souring of milk taste, not the yoghurt sour.

I'm still wondering about the chickpeas then it's confirmed...

6)Whilst still eating our starters one of the servers asked could he take the serving dishes as we'd cleared them to our plates. Certainly gave the impression you didn't have enough dishes in the kitchen. Still standing right next our table uncomfortably!
7)Now I'm not an impatient man I work in the trade, but a lot longer than I tolerate, to the point where I break for a cigarette whilst waiting for the main. I actually finally make a comment and ask.

8)So main arrives the vegetable sindhi I don't even know what to say, I straight away notice this is very wrong. I know what's wrong the prepared sauce has been left festering on the side in the kitchen souring, as had the chickpeas this was now confirmed in the chickpea tamarind side, my initial feeling correct on the starter.
9)For the first time in my life I actually send something back. I call over whom I presume is the manager and ask him to smell the sindhi and would he serve it to his family? This shouldn't of even made the pan let alone a customers table had the chef given a shit.

10)So reluctantly I guess the sindhi was removed from the meal I should bloody hope so I didn't even eat it.
11)I muttered about the chickpeas to the server when he was clearing and asked if I enjoyed it to which I said "NO" but to be honest these where tolerable and by this point I'd reach lets just finish and get out of here.

12)So really there was nothing to done to appease me except the removal of an item from the bill which I didn't even eat.

I have never in my life sent anything back to the kitchen, as a chef I do my damn hardest to clear my plate alas last night I not only left food, sent something back, and said No I didn't enjoy it neither did I leave a tip(Had I had 30p I wouldn't of even left the 20p). I have never done any of the preceding as I work in the trade and do know the warts and all of the industry. Up till this meal my worst comment to did you enjoy your meal was "It was OK". Sadly not only did I encounter bad service but also a bad meal. If you're going to make a customer wait for a main course(A sin in my book better to make sure once you start some ones order that it flows naturally) then make sure it's the bloody best you can produce. If a customer complains of course he expects it to be taken off his bill but true customer service would of been to exceed their expectations.

Honestly I can forgive the 2 waiters hovering right next to my table, and the ketchup driven chutney tray and even the bhajias but some of the rest, simply put was dismal! I would of expected this down the road at Punjab Tandoori I suspect your kitchen has a higher scores on the doors rating than them. I have never have encountered what I encountered last night and as for comparing you to Sanskruti! I suggest you take the time to eat there and learn in how to exceed a customers expectations and produce authentic food rather than generic food fit only for the masses who want a trendy restaurant to eat in.

A very dissapointed
PCD_Blogs

Never ever again will I visit again...

Service 2 out of 5
Food 2 out of 5

Feel welcome to follow food bloggers that rate this restaurant but they are nothing more than sheep who like the in thing and have little value on the industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment